Saturday, May 14, 2011

Japan so far

Yo peeps, this country is nutz! Ever since I landed here, I felt like I was lost all the damn time. I arrived a day early and I stayed at the hotel I was supposed to meet the representatives at. It was cool having my own hotel room, especially since it had two beds and there was only one of me. I unleashed some immaturity and built a fort hehe.

I still am having a hard time just adapting to the fact that I LIVE here. It's so weird knowing that I'm not leaving anytime soon. It's even more strange knowing that this isn't America, it's friggin' Japan.

On the first day, it's always hard to fall asleep. So I went walking around the area that the hotel is in. It's definitely different. I went to a 7-eleven and bought some pre-made food. They certainly put their blood and sweat into every bit of food they make, because it was delicious. I got spaghetti, gyoza, and canned coffee.... about 1000 yen right there. The problem with the 7-elevens here is there's no slurpee machines :'(.

I was awoke by an earthquake... don't worry, it wasn't a huge 9 pointer. It was an extremely light shake that lasted no more than a second. There will be a few more weeks of that happening. I decided to walk around the hotel and just chill. I encountered an elderly woman who told me "good morning" and I responded back with "ohaiyo gozaimasu", I guess they love it when a white boy speaks Japanese because she responded with a surprised "Ah!" with a smile on her face. That was cool! I walked around outside and a bus full of schoolboys waved at me... I could get used to this.

I have taken two years of Japanese in college, but I still have trouble understanding a lot of what's said. I think I'll take some more language classes while I'm here.

I plan on checking out TSD Kali next month, for now I'm just taking it easy because I pulled a hamstring lifting luggage.

On the 29th, I'm checking out a DREAM event, it's going to be dope! DREAM is Japan's most popular MMA circuit. It arose from the ashes of K-1's HEROES after PRIDE FC got canned by the UFC in America.

There's A LOT more on the way people, so stay tuned.

Catch ya on the flipside

1 comment:

  1. So where are the pictures???? lol

    seems like your doing fine... but let me just say... WHY U GET spaghetti in japan!? already missing american food?

    ReplyDelete