Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Yen

$1 =  ¥ 81.4120 nowadays

When you spend a dollar (or at least when I do), I think about how far that dollar may go. When yen is to be spent, there a certain feeling of caring less about how far it can go. You're thirsty, you buy a drink. When you're hungry, you buy food. They say that when dollars have been staying in your pocket for so long, it "burns a hole in your pocket". With yen, it's practically incinerating, melting and completely destroying your pocket. Ever since I got here, I've been buying stuff to survive left and right. You can survive on at least ¥ 1000 a day.


The price ordeal is strange as well.
¥ 100 could get you a drink from a vending machine.
¥ 500 could satisfy your appetite
¥ 1000 could get you a phone card
¥ 2000 could get you a shirt
¥ 5000 could get you a ticket to DREAM or a backpack
¥ 10000 could get you a bicycle
¥ 500000 could get you a plane ticket or pay the rent
¥ 1000000 for tuition

I still gotta wonder, how much is minimum wage?

One of my dorm mates is drunk and keeping me up XD.


There'll be pics on the next blog I promise.

1 comment:

  1. whens the next update?

    btw you should add the chatbox widget, use this website to make it, its super easy.

    http://www.cbox.ws/

    ReplyDelete