Saturday, June 4, 2011

Buroggu

I'll save the MMA experience blog for later, til like next time. It was really cool being there though. It was somethin fierce watchin warriors duke it out in Saitama.
The next day after DREAM, I joined TUJ's MMA Club. Until I can support myself and manage spending Yen, I'll stay here cuz it's free! I do really want to check out TSD Kali though.

I wanted to share today a little bit about the classes I'm taking. I'm starting at the beginning with Japanese, I am practically the senpai of the class. I get handed a test and I'm done in less than a minute. Piece of cake.

I'm doing a class on Youth cultures and I get to do a report on a group of the strangest people known to man... the otaku. Super kawaii sunshine happy fun time.
It's an anthropolgy class and everybody wanted to do this topic but I gave the best reason of all, I observe them from afar every year at Sakura-Con (Fancy that would come in handy eh?).

I'm doing an English class... Blegh. The topic for this semester's advertising so it should be ok.

I'm also doing a class that's about Literature & Film during WWII. We've been reading many interesting memoirs from Japanese soldiers including Mishima who's well known for commiting suicide for failing to re-ignite the Empire in 1970 (or something like that) .

I've seen lots of American and Japanese propaganda from the 1940's in that class and as an American it's been a little hard to take in (especially since I'm like the only white guy in the class). I'm a little rattled to say the least. I just gotta ask, why did Tojo have to be a douchebag like Hitler? Seeing all this hate go back and forth between America and Japan from back then just makes me sick. I know it was such a long time ago, that Tojo was a sick and twisted bastard, and that I, myself didn't do anything but it's just tough to look at.

I plan to visit Hiroshima at the end of this semester to pay respects.

Next Blog will be happier I promise.

No comments:

Post a Comment